ISO 15189:2012 Medical laboratories — Requirements for quality and com…
Comment 0Times Lookup 724psc Date Created 22-08-08 13:47
Requirements for quality and competence
Because medical laboratory services are essential to patient care, they must be able to meet the needs of all patients and the clinical personnel responsible for their care.
Also, this requirement includes requesting tests, preparing, and identifying patients, taking and administering samples, testing, and interpreting results, along with safety and ethics in medical laboratories.
ISO 15189:2012 specifies requirements for quality and specific competencies of medical laboratories based on ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO 9001 and can be used by medical laboratories to develop quality management systems and evaluate their own competencies. It can also be used by laboratory customers, regulators, and certification authorities to identify or recognize the competence of a medical laboratory.
Although 15189 is intended for use across the currently accepted field of medical laboratory services, it is also useful and appropriate for stakeholders working in other services and fields such as clinical physiology, medical imaging, and medical physics.
• Meet the needs of patients and clinical personnel
• Helping medical laboratories comply with safety and ethics
• Helping active participation in disease prevention as well as diagnosis and patient management
• Provide appropriate training opportunities for internal staff
2. Normative references
3. Terms and definitions
4. Management requirements
5. Technical requirements
If have any other or related inquiries, please contact us using the contact information below.
- PreviousISO 10018:2020 Quality management — Guidance for people engagement 22.11.04
- NextISO 26262:2018 Road vehicles – Functional safety 22.08.08
There are no registered comments.